Amazon Fire Tablet is a popular budget-friendly tablet among consumers. It comes with Amazon’s own operating system, which is based on Android. However, unlike other Android devices, Amazon Fire Tablet does not have Google Play Store pre-installed, which means users cannot directly download Android apps from the Play Store.
Instead, users have to download and install APK files manually. In this article, we will guide you through the process of downloading and installing APK files on Amazon Fire Tablet, so that you can enjoy your favorite Android apps and games on your Amazon device.
How to Install APK on Amazon Tablet
- Getting an APK file to download is the first thing you must do. On your Fire tablet, use the Silk Browser to access a third-party site like APKMirror or uptodown and download the software you want to sideload. Make careful to choose “APK” files rather than “Bundle” files.
- Tap “Open” from the message at the bottom of the screen once it has finished downloading.
- Before you can install the APK, a pop-up notification will prompt you to authorize the app to “install unknown apps”. To get there, tap “Settings”.
- Toggle on “Allow From This Source” by flipping the switch. For any app you use to install an APK, you only need to complete this step once.
- Returning to the previous screen, click “Install” to complete the APK installation.
- There you go! On the “Home” tab, the app will be added to the home screen. The bulk of Android apps and games can be installed using this rather straightforward method.
Why Would You Want to Do This?
Amazon includes its own store for apps and games when shipping Fire devices. Despite having the majority of the major players (such as Netflix, Spotify, Instagram, etc.), the Google Play Store’s variety is far superior.
For comparison, the Amazon Appstore only has about 500,000 apps and games, whereas the Play Store has over 3 million. But here’s the thing: Your Fire tablet is compatible with the 3 million apps and more in the Play Store.
Installing software from sources other than the Amazon Appstore is referred to as sideloading. Android, which supports sideloading, is the operating system that powers Fire tablets. Similar to how sideloading on Android devices operates.
Apps that are sideloaded won’t be able to receive automatic updates, which is something to keep in mind. We’re not using app stores, which handle that process. If you want to stay current, you’ll need to manually re-install new versions of apps and games.
Note: For a reason, sideloading is by default disabled. To ensure that the programs and games you download are secure, the Amazon Appstore has security procedures in place. It’s not ideal, but at least it’s something. You must be careful where you download applications because sideloading apps gets around these protocols.
Do All Android Apps Work On Kindle Fire?
There are a few things you need to know about Android apps and how they work with Kindle Fire tablets before we get started.
The operating system that powers Kindle Fire tablets is called Fire OS, which is based on Android but has been customized by Amazon. Since Kindle Fire tablets are Amazon’s flagship product, it goes without saying that the Amazon Appstore is the Kindle Fire tablets’ default app store.
The Amazon Appstore comes in second place to Google Play in terms of the number of Android apps available. Not every Android software that is offered in Google Play is, however, accessible through the Amazon Appstore. Fortunately, because Fire OS is based on Android, most Android apps are compatible with Amazon tablets.
In conclusion, downloading APK files on Amazon Fire Tablet is not as complicated as it may seem. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily install your favorite Android apps and games on your Amazon device. However, it is important to keep in mind that downloading APK files from untrusted sources can be risky, as these files may contain malware or other harmful software.
Always make sure to download APK files from reputable websites and to scan them with antivirus software before installing them on your Amazon Fire Tablet. With these precautions in mind, you can enjoy a wider range of apps and games on your Amazon Fire Tablet, expanding the functionality of your device.